Looking for quick tips to plan your next trip to Australia and the awesome Kangaroo Island? Check out the top things you can not miss!
"Nature does nothing in vain. Aristotele
Kangaroo Island is the third largest island of Australia and can be reached by Adelaide with a daily tour. Ferry services are provided by Sea Link (https://www.sealink.com.au/) and you can bring your own car for a self-tour or take part to one of the guided tour available via bus.
The island offers many National and Conservation Parks and it is probably one of the most touching experience you can have in Australia.
In this protected environment you can get in contact with the wild fauna of the island and learn interesting info about the animals from the rangers of the area.
Below you can find the top 10 things we suggest you for a perfect daily trip:
1. Taking part of a guided tour at Seal Bay Conservation Centre to enter a wild colony of Australian sea lions. Accompanied by an expert ranger you will have the possibility to get very close with this fascinating and endangered animals
2. Exploring the spectacular limestone caves of the Kelly Hill Conservation Center. We suggest you the easy walk (approx. 40 minutes) of the Show Cave Tour to admire the array of stalactite, stalagmite, and other beautiful formations
3. Strolling down the famous Koala Walk in the Hanson Bay Sanctuary to spot lovely Koalas relaxing on the Eucalyptus trees. Probably the best place in the island to see these lovely animals in their natural environment
4. Spotting some Sooty Kangaroos boucing on the beach or resting on the grass. The best places to see them are Black Swamp in Flinder Chase National Park, at Grassdale in Kelly Hill Conservation Park or in Lathami Consevation Park
5. Stargazing Australia South Cross during a clear night. Thanks to the low light pollution the sky over the island is really breathtaking
6. Relaxing in the best sandy beach of the island: Vivionne Bay. If you want to keep exploring, in the vicinity there is Little Sahara, where the sand dunes are perfect for hiking, quad biking and sand boarding
7. Admiring the spectacular granite boulders of Remarkable Rocks
8. Observing the beautiful coastline in Cape du Couedic. We suggest you to take a walk along the boardwalk up to the lighthouse
9. Enjoying the scenic view from the Admirals Arch platform. This is also a good point of observation of the New Zealand fur seal colony living in this area. Don't miss the incredible colors at sunset!
10. Before leaving the island with the ferry, we suggest you to spend some time in Penneshaw at sunset to see Penneshaw's Little Penguin colony.
To discover more about these places, have a look to our posts and stories dedicated to this part of Australia dated November 2018 on our Instagram page @2intour
Did you enjoy our article? Read the other articles and for more photos and videos follow our IG page @2intour